Hosted by Woodcraft
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Problems with Delta Unisaw Options
MLGoodwin
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 7:52:30 AM
Groups: Member

I have a Delta Unisaw that's giving me problems. It will only run if you hold the start button in. If you let go, it turns off. I don't have much electric motor repair experience. I think I've narrowed it down to a capacitor or the centrifugal switch. It's a 230V, 1 phase, 3 hp. motor. It's the original motor made by Marathon for Delta. I only have 1 table saw, so I need to get this thing back up and running! Thanks in advance.
MLGoodwin
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 1:39:11 PM

Where is the switch relay located? I changed out the "remote power switch" that we use to turn it on and off with an identical one off of my bandsaw, but still did the same thing. I just pulled the motor off of it a few minutes ago and will probably take it somewhere and have it checked out. The junction box where the wiring is located was packed full of dust. Whoever worked on it last did not replace the foam gasket under the cover. Surprised it hasn't gone up in flames!
John F. Mason
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:01:30 PM

I think I can help. I recently bought two delta unisaws and had a similar problem with my 3 horse power one. In the back of the on off switch is a sensor that can trip the switch so it is off when putting a little bit of strain on the saw. Crank that up 4 clicks higher and you won't have that problem again. I went and bought a new switch thinking that was the problem but it did it again. The district electrician showed me the voltage sensor or whatever it is and we turned it up. I hope I helped you.

John Mason
San Gabriel High
Woodworking Instructor
MLGoodwin
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 7:39:39 AM

Well I think I got it back up and running. I pulled the motor out and had an electrician check it out. He said it was pretty dusty inside. Everything looked OK. He replaced the internal switch on it. He said the contacts were slightly burnt. I brought it back, hooked it up, and it seemed to work. For the first five minutes. Then it was back to the same problems. I decided to remove the large starter on the back of the saw. I took it apart, cleaned the dust out of it, and shined up the contacts under the armature. Put it back together, and it worked for the last two class periods of the day. I have a new starter coming, but I think I'll put it on the shelf just so I have one.
roleplayerno1
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:21:31 AM

La Cina è fondamentale per i piani di crescita di, ed è alla ricerca di modi innovativi di fare un passo per i consumatori lì. Per la prima borse louis vuitton volta un brand occidentali in Cina, Louis Vuitton ha preso l'Museo Nazionale della Cina con una mostra estiva speciale dal titolo 'Voyages'. Il conglomerato di lusso francese era entrato in Cina 20 anni fa e si festeggia l'occasione Borse Louis Vuitton Donna attraverso questa mostra che mette in mostra bagaglio storico del marchio e le borse e il loro contributo al turismo di lusso. Il Museo Nazionale della Cina è forse il museo più famoso del paese e ha recentemente riaperto dopo un restauro lungo tre anni completi.
La mania del turismo di lusso in Cina sta crescendo di giorno in giorno e mercato turistico del paese è louis vuitton portafogli donna diretto a diventare il secondo più grande del mondo superando il Giappone entro la fine del decennio. Il turismo in uscita dalla Cina ha generato un fatturato di 1,5 miliardi di yuan che ha dato un grande impulso al settore delle compagnie aeree e hotel. Louis Vuitton si posiziona per ottimizzare i benefici di questo louis vuitton portachiavi boom di viaggi. Cui si rivolgono i viaggiatori, che hanno una maggiore usa e getta. Il passaggio del museo è destinato anche a sfruttare la rabbia arte in Cina. La Cina è ora il mondo il secondo più grande mercato per l'arte e di antiquariato.