Hosted by Woodcraft
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

FUNNY SHOP STORIES Options
WoodChick
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:59:20 AM
Groups: Member

Come on, I know you've got 'em! Let's hear it.

I'll start us off...
A couple of years ago I was showing a student how to use the portable belt sander. The cord was on the left side of me, and the student was on my right. Instead of moving over or unplugging the machine (what an idea!), for some stupid reason I passed it behind me from one hand to the other. It had a trigger switch and even though it was off, IT HAD A TRIGGER SWITCH. Of course my one hand tapped the trigger in the switcheroo, and the belt gripped the back of my apron. We unplugged it and I pulled, boy did I pull, but the sander wouldn't come off. So there I was, walking down the hall, cord dragging behind me, with a sander stuck to my rear end. The secretaries had to help me get unstuck. We all had a good laugh!
NOTE: My students and I now unplug everything, always!!!!
gb93433
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:13:28 AM

I was showing a group of students how to use a Makita 16" beam saw while telling them to be careful not to cut the cord and I cut the cord off.
ejaguar
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:44:04 PM

Quite a few years ago a student brought up a wood project he was sanding and asked what he needed to do to make the sanding scratches go away.

I told him to use some more "elbow grease". About 10 minutes later I saw him looking in my shelves and cupboards and asked him what he was looking for?

He replied, "Elbow grease"!
bob itnyre
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2006 2:33:10 AM

Funny Story ? OK. About ten years ago I had a rash of kids passing notes in class. Sometimes I ignore it but then sometimes it gets to be a real distraction. I started to intercept them and read them aloud along with comments on grammar and spelling. Whenever I'd get one, the interceptee would beg me not to read it and the rest of the class would clamor like the Romans wanting me to read it.
It was the last period of the day and one of the students passed a note to another one. His efforts were not too well disguised. I put out my hand and said, "let's have it." The whole class went silent. That should have been my tip off. I insisted on the note and very reluctantly it was offered up. The note said:

"Dear Sir, I'm a visitor from outer space. I'm disguised as this piece of paper. I'm having sex with your hand and I know your enjoying it because you're smiling."

I looked up at a whole class of laughing students. I walked over to the board and wrote,
"Class 1 Teacher 0"

It was a great group of kids. Some of them are out of college and are back in the system as substitutes.
ejaguar
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 2:33:34 PM

I too didn't allow notes in class. Each time I saw one I took it and after class pined it to my bulleton board for all to see. If it had profanity on it I crossed the words out. This stopped most notes.

Concerning some juicy notes kids would come in at lunch or after school to read them. Ater a couple of days I took them down.

I explained if the note was being written or read in class it was to be shared by all.

I got no notes written in class but mostly ones a kid enetered the room reading as it was passed outside the room.

I wish I could remember some of the "jewels". Bob M