Hosted by Woodcraft
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

OPen Tech Ed Position in Southern NH Options
Jack Grube
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:40:29 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

The school were I taught for 37 years, Pinkerton Academy, has an open Tech Ed position. They are flexible and can make a part time or full time position work. The position is posted on their website. Here is what I was told about the position.

If we go with a full-time position, the courses will include: 4 sections of Intro to Woodworking, 4 sections of Intro to Electrical Mechanical Systems; 1 section Small Engines, 1 section Intro to Technical & Architectural Drawing. Each course is a semester long, the person would have 5 classes per semester, a duty, a prep period and a lunch period.

If we went with a part-time only position, we are looking for someone to teach 4 sections of Intro to Electrical Mechanical Systems. Ideally, 2 sections per semester, but we could possibly make it happen with 4 sections in the same semester.
Dansilvernail
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:23:14 PM
Groups: Member

Interesting. Here are some questions that I, and possibly others may have:

1. Do you know how easily or how difficult it is to become licensed to teach in NH if you're from out of state?

2. How much of a budget is there for this program?

3. How are the labs and associated equipment? What condition are they in?

4. How much outside support does this program get in the way of volunteers, an advisory board and/or industry partners?

5. What is the typical class size?

Thanks!
Jack Grube
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:20:44 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

1. Alternative certification is available in NH for those who are qualified but not certified in another state. If you are a certification it's even easier.
2. There are full time teachers in each of the programs ; each with an adequate budget. This position is basically to teach the over-flow given the popularity of these programs and the size of the school.
3. I'd say good to excellent. Some programs are in brand new facilities and others in recently renovated spaces.
4. CTE programs have advisory boards and industry partners. These are introductory tech ed positions to feel the CTE programs.
5. 20 is the max.